Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Recent Adventures

Anndddd it's been awhile since I last posted on here! Sorry - life's been quite busy. This past weekend was actually my only weekend at home out of four. There's been a trip to Houston, Vegas, and an upcoming trip to Montreal to fill up the other weekends. While I'm really looking forward to going to Montreal (for a conference), I'm also really looking forward to coming back and settling back in to my normal routine. Traveling is exhausting!

Prior to all of this traveling, Travis and I went back to Houston for our niece's/goddaughter's baptism. We are truly honored to have been selected as godparents for Miss Abigail and will do our best to fulfill that role as well as we possibly can!




During the second week of April, Travis headed to Alabama to meet up with his Air Force buddy Mike for a week of golf and Masters spectating. Although he returned with no pictures, he assured me that he had a wonderful time. He especially enjoyed being at the finals of the Masters Tournament on Sunday. 

My Sunday of that week, however, was not so fantastic. I traveled down to Houston that weekend, along with my friend Dani, to compete in the Lone Star 70.3 (half-Ironman) race in Galveston. It did not end so well. In order to keep this novel-of-a-post from turning into an Encyclopedia, I will post that "race report" separately. I did get to end my weekend like this, though, which is fantastic therapy:

Abigail.

The next weekend, Travis and I headed to Vegas for a semi-combined bachelor and bachelorette party for our friends Zach and Victoria. I'd like to point out, though, that the guys stayed at a suite with a wrap-around balcony in the Cosmopolitan, while the girls stayed at the Flamingo. Yes, we were slumming it comparatively. It was a fantastic weekend and we loved catching up with all of our friends. I'll spare you from some of the other pictures...



Yay, Mr. Stand-On-One-Legs!

For Easter, Travis and I headed up to Dani's mom's house in Loveland after church. We dyed eggs, had an egg hunt (who says you have to grow up?), went on a hike (in the snow), and had a nice dinner. We were happy to have some "family" to celebrate with.



That's finally it - I'll try to keep it shorter next time and post as things happen, rather than two months later. 

In the spirit of heading off to Montreal, a bientot!




No comments:

Post a Comment