Monday, May 9, 2011

Lone Star 70.3 "Race" Report

The day started out well, and I was so happy to have my family and friends there to support me (and attempt to calm me down before the race, just like old times for my dad).

Clearly I did not want to be eating that banana.


Me, my sister, and my eskimo mom.

Me and Dani.  

Had a fantastic swim - second in my age group!

Annnndddd.....done. A triathlon should not end with a trip to the hospital.

After a fantastic swim, fast transition, and a great start on the bike, I crashed at mile 24 and ended up with a big gash in my head and several rough scrapes and bruises. Since I needed stitches (and probably a CT scan), they advised me against finishing. There was no way - not worth it. I was pretty bummed after training so hard (and giving up my ski season, basically), but that's life. I will redeem myself!

1 comment: