Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bolder Boulder 2011

After a fun Memorial Day doing the Bolder Boulder last year, Travis said that he wanted to sign up for that 10K again this year. This year our times from last year enabled us to be in a "qualified wave", which is a good thing when you're running with 56,000 other people. Last year I ran an extra 0.3 miles just from weaving around people all the time! Travis really enjoyed passing people the whole time last year, so we decided to split up. I started in our assigned wave and Travis started a ways back.

Travis and me before the start. It was kind of dreary and drizzly in the morning.

Travis and I both had a great time again and both earned PR's (personal records)! Unfortunately it wasn't bright and sunny until after we left Boulder, but we did go over to hang out with some friends later and enjoy some hot tub time (it was a little chilly and windy). It was a great Memorial Day! 

My super-fast friend Katy and I after the race. (iPhone photo - sorry!)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fun race! 56,000 other people?? wow! I've only been to small town races with 100 runners tops. ;) I found your blog through your RnR vegas strip at night marathon tweets - I'm running the half. :) It will be my first big race!!! :)

    ReplyDelete