Thursday, July 7, 2011

The 'Rents Come to Visit

We've been busy! Aside from our normal busy-as-usual stuff, my parents came to town for a convention recently. It was fantastic having them in town for the ten days they were here. Even though they were staying downtown at the convention hotel for most of that time, it made it feel more like home to know they were nearby. We got to join them for a lot of their conference events and meet some of their friends they've been talking about for so long.  Between the parties, the big dinner event, tours, and more parties, they thoroughly wore me out (in a good way)!

This past Thursday (a week ago), I picked my mom and all their luggage up from the Hyatt Regency and brought her with me to Golden for the day. We went to lunch with Dani at my personal favorite, D'Deli, before I took care of some stuff in the lab and my mom explored downtown Golden a bit. I decided to take drive her up to the top of Lookout Mountain and take in the fantastic views, but as soon as we got to the top it started POURING down rain! It was still worth the trip.
View of Clear Creek Canyon from Windy Saddle.

My mom checking out the water temp (snow melt = cold).

A VERY full Clear Creek with a nice view of the "M".

Travis was working swing shifts Wednesday through Saturday (2 pm - 10 pm) but got to switch with someone and take Thursday off to play golf and poker with my dad, and enjoy a grill night with my parents, Dani, and her boyfriend, Andy. It was great to have him join us! Friday night we wandered down to Parisi, a restaurant in a cute little area not too far from us. There was an art walk of sorts going on so we enjoyed that after dinner, and spent some time exploring the street car tracks a construction crew was excavating! The rest of our weekend together involved a trip to the Golden Farmers' Market, more grilling, a hike with some friends up to the top of South Table Mountain to enjoy fireworks across the city, and a great breakfast on Sunday. Quite a full trip! More to come on the rest of our 4th of July weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment